What Are the Best CPAP Machines?
To help make your selection easier, we analyzed some of the most popular CPAP brands recommended by our medical review team, as well based on some of the most desired features people look for in their machines.
We really like the DreamStation Auto because it’s the quietest CPAP machine on this list. It’s so quiet you may not even notice it when it’s working. For noise-sensitive people, this is your device. For the best experience, Philips recommends using only one of their masks, but we’ve found the DreamStation works well with masks from many different manufacturers—not just Philips.
The DreamStation’s ramp and pressure relief features make it easy to fall asleep, and during the night the automatic pressure setting will help keep you asleep. We also really like the auto start feature, as it makes starting therapy much easier. Overall, the DreamStation Auto is one of the best CPAP machines on the market today, and it’s easy to see why.
What We Like…
- Design: Smaller and lighter than the System One, this is a CPAP machine that will blend in with your bedroom as naturally as your bedside lamp. Thanks to its smart design and low profile, the untrained eye would simply think they’re looking at a new Amazon Echo or Google Home unit.
- High Spec: Bluetooth and wireless technology built in for the ease of data transfer. The full color LCD display makes that data easy to interpret and follow.
- Shhhhh: It’s so quiet. With less than 30dB, it purrs almost silently, meaning that you’re not having to also invest in some ear defenders to use this machine.
- It sticks to the day job: Despite all these wonderful additional benefits, the DreamStation Auto CPAP with Humidifier performs its main task superbly. Inbuilt advanced event detection and intelligent automation settings responds to your exact therapy needs. It then also provides a clear daily progress summary allowing you as the patient to review the therapy from one night to the next.
What We Don’t Like…
The Cost: We wouldn’t say we don’t like this, but if we’re searching for a negative, we would have to say the cost. But to be fair to the team at Phillips Respironics, if you are making the best then you get to charge a little more. And being even more fair to them, for everything you get with this product, they are being very reasonable with their asking price.
Phillips Respironics has clearly listened to their consumer demands and suggestions and the result is arguably the Best CPAP machine on the market right now. Hard to find a flaw to be honest. From an overall quality and performance perspective, with all its great features and easy to use display, we would have to say this is the best CPAP machine on the market today. Even with its slightly higher price tag, what this machine provides far exceeds its cost. If you want the best and you are willing to spend a little more, then I would recommend you pick up the DreamStation Auto CPAP with heated humidifier.
The ResMed AirSense 10 offers customers exceptional value because of the built-in humidifier, while bringing a device packed with smart technology and the latest comfort features at the same time. It’s also one of the quietest CPAP machines on the market today, operating at 26.6 decibels– almost whisper quiet. While not designed for portability, the AirSense 10 is light enough to go almost anywhere, and it’s compact enough to fit in a suitcase!
The AirSense 10 also comes in a “For Her” model, the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her, designed for a woman’s unique needs. The AirSense 10 AutoSet and the AirSense 10 AutoSet for Her are truly great sleep apnea machines and can help anyone with Sleep Apnea. For anyone looking for a quality home unit, this is it.
What We Like…
- The patient experience: There are a couple of features designed to create the most calming and rewarding night’s sleep possible. For example, their trademarked AutoRamp technology means that the pressure starts low and gradually builds to the prescribed setting so that there’s no sudden influx of air and the patient feels like they are on a bouncy castle at a 10 year old’s birthday party. The trademarked ClimateLineAir and HumidAir technology create the optimum air temperature and comfort, whilst another clever design component reduces pressure ever so slightly as the patient exhales to make it even a more gentle and comfortable breathing experience.
- The display: Whilst not as clear as the Dreamstation display, this LCD display has an ambiance setting which will automatically adjust to the light in the room, and will also turn off automatically when not required. Otherwise, your sleep apnea may not be disturbing you in the night, but the Christmas Tree like glare from your CPAP machine would be.
- The look: You really feel like you have bought a great device with this CPAP machine. It looks like something that knows what it was put on this earth to do and as a result, you feel you are in very safe hands. This is the top of line CPAP machine from one of two leading manufacturers of CPAP equipment.
What We Don’t Like…
May take a bit of time to learn: If you are not into tech, you may find it tricky at first. However, all the features are worth getting your head around. All the features are totally worthwhile and top of the line in terms of CPAP innovation. So it is worth taking the time to learn it all. You’ll need a couple of sessions to get to grips with it but there is no doubt that this is a very clever CPAP machine with some of the best technology available to the world of sleep apnea.
Get your head around all the incredible features and settings and you will have invested in an excellent CPAP machine that will provide you that comfortable and restful night’s sleep you have been looking for.
One of the reasons the AirMini AutoSet is such a big seller is that people love the idea of a small, lightweight, and ultra-portable CPAP machine that can go anywhere and fits in the palm of a hand! If you’re a frequent traveler, this is your machine. You’ll need to come to terms with the fact that it may be louder than your home unit. For most users, the waterless humidification is a good substitute for tanked humidification.
What We Like…
- The Look: It’s TINY (5.4” x 3.3” x 2”)! 65% of CPAP users said device size is the #1 reason they don’t take their CPAP machine every time they travel. Good thing the AirMini can fit in the palm of your hand.
- Humidification Option: Uses waterless humidification – no need to be fearful about rainouts! The HumidX is a waterless humidification system, enhancing its portability while improving moisture levels.
- Comfort: This machine has Auto-adjusting pressure, and uses Expiratory Pressure Relief – adding another layer of comfort. Additionally, users can take advantage of ResMed’s Autoramp technology, allowing the machine to start at a lower pressure to help you get to sleep more comfortably.
Compatibility: The AirMini isn’t compatible with many mask products in the market. It is currently only compatible with the AirFit P10 Nasal Pillow Mask, AirFit N20 Nasal Mask, and AirFit F20/F30 Series Full Face Masks.
Comfort, comfort, and comfort. The AirMini does everything to make the user experience as cozy as possible. There are some small downsides here and there, with the biggest downside being the lack of portable battery, but overall, we’d say the advantages greatly outweigh them.
At under 2 lbs and sized to fit in the palm of your hand, the DreamStation Go has long been a customer favorite to deliver sleep apnea therapy on the go. Now, the travel-friendly CPAP also delivers heated humidification. The DreamStation Go is taking comfort to unprecedented levels.
Travelers complain about lugging around a humidifier along with a CPAP every time they travel. To that end, the DreamStation Go’s optional humidifier only adds an additional 0.76 lbs to the unit. The integration is quite simple as well; remove a side plate and click into place. The water tank has a 240 ml capacity. It is compatible with all tubing including the micro-flexible 12mm, 15mm, and 22mm standard tubing.
The new and improved DreamStation Go offers CPAP patients unparalleled freedom. The compact, state-of-art machine is easy to use with an intuitive colour touchscreen, a built-in power supply for fewer parts, and an integrated USB port to easily charge mobile devices. Furthermore, for those who lack a power source, an optional overnight, rechargeable lithium-ion battery is a key feature. Finally, this unit is compatible with all CPAP masks and is FAA-compliant for in-flight use
What We Like…
Heated Humidification: The DreamStation Go offers the option of a heated humidifier, which is designed to use tap, bottled, or distilled water. You no longer need to worry about packing or Closing
Left untreated, OSA can become a life threatening condition over time. CPAP can help you minimize long-term cardiovascular risks while also improving your quality of life. It may help you sleep better, which could in turn increase your energy level.
The current CPAP market is vast, and some people are turning to these machines for uses other than OSA. Identifying what aspects of a CPAP machine are most important to you can help you filter your results.